Welcome to the Fort Kent Outdoor Center’s site for the New England Nordic Ski Association’s (NENSA) 2017-18 Eastern Cup Opener which will take place over the weekend of December 16 and 17. Saturday is a full day of Freestyle Sprint races starting with qualifiers in the morning and the sprint bracket heats in the afternoon. We will wrap up on Sunday morning with 4 Classic Distance Mass Start races.
Fort Kent has been host to several IBU World Cup Biathlon and NENSA championship events in the past, the FKOC in renowned in the Nordic skiing world for hosting well organized events on some of the best snow conditions and facilities in North America
In the north-eastern most corner of the US, Fort Kent is also known as “The Little Town That Could” for all that it has accomplished over the years. With 1600 miles of some the best snowmobile trails in North America just outside the door, the Lonesome Pine Trails Alpine area in the heart of downtown, and the FKOC two miles from Main St, Fort Kent is a winter play land rivaled by few in the east. The biggest dogsled race east of Alaska, the Can AM 250 mile race has been hosted for the past 25 years in Fort Kent leaving from the downtown the first weekend of March. We love winter, and we know how to play in the snow!
Although Fort Kent is situated on the banks of the Saint John River that separates the US for Canada, the river has never succeeded in separating the families and friends and heritage of this region. Most of the people of the “Valley” are bilingual, and are known for their warm friendly, sincere hospitality.
So come join us in the northern most tip of New England to celebrate winter and kick off the 2017-2018 ski season. It is an experience you are sure not to soon forget!
Lodging and food
- Local Lodging Information
- Places to eat in the area
- For additional local area information please contact the Greater Fort Kent Area Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Kent Local Area Map
- Venue General Area
- Stadium Layout Sprint Start
- Stadium Layout Mass Start
- FKOC Sprint Course 1.3km
- 2.5 km_FIS Course
- 5.0 km FIS Course
- View on Google Maps
Registration opens on November 1st at SKIREG. Registration closes at 5 PM on Wednesday December 13, there is NO DOR registration.
For more information please visit the NENSA Virtual Team Captains page
At the Venue
Wax Rooms are available for rent, the rental rate is $100 for the event plus a $50 key deposit. To reserve a wax room please send an email to FKOCevents@gmail.com. Reservations will be held until 5 PM on Friday Dec 15, after that rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
The lower floor of the wax building will be available to competitors as a waiting, changing and warming area.
A limited lunch menu will be available at the venue on Saturday, details TBA.
Day passes are required for skiing on Thursday or Friday. Day passes may be purchased for a reduced Event rate of $10 per day at the venue.
Event Schedule (subject to change)
Wednesday December 13
- 5:00 PM – Registration closes.
Friday December 15
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Course open for Training and Review
Saturday December 16
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM – Bib Pickup
- 8:00 AM- 8:45 AM – Course open for Training and Review
- 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM – Sprint Qualifiers
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Sprint Heats
- 3:15 PM – Awards
Sunday December 17
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM – Bib Pickup
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM – Course open for Training and Review
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Classic Distance Mass Starts
- 1:00 PM – Awards
- Nearest Ski Shop The Ski Shop
- Local hardware store S.W. Collins
- Additional questions should be addressed to FKOCevents@gmail.com.